All NEW Computer Equipment carries a 1-Year Limited Warranty (One-Year RTB Hardware Warranty by default). This warranty is designed to cover all HARDWARE ONLY problems encountered during the first year of the life of your equipment. Should any defects develop during this specific period, Direct I.T. will provide service after the exact nature and cause of the problem has been established initially by phone support.
Calls will only be made On-Site to rectify the problem after all Phone Support options have been exhausted. Laptops are RTB (Return to Base only) unless a Bank of Hours or specific Service and Support Agreement is in place.) The decision to authorise an On-Site call will be made by a Direct I.T. Technician based on the information gained from the caller and appropriate arrangements will be made for the call-out.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Improper or inadequate use, physical damage maintenance or calibration.
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. (Subject to examination and at the discretion of the manufacturer in all cases.)
- Software, parts, supplies other than that supplied or installed by Direct I.T.
- Unauthorised modification or misuse
- Damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the product’s specifications
- Operation outside of the standard environmental specifications for the product
- Damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not certified or authorized by Direct I.T.
- Unplanned acts of nature, such as floods, tornadoes, lighting strikes, hurricanes or earthquakes
- Problems with specific software programmes or the Windows operating system. We take no responsibility for the provision of on-site services where people change, alter, delete or corrupt programme or system files on any computer system.
- Damage to equipment or data as a result of Ransomware or similar.
The option to extend to a 3 year on-site is available as an optional cost prior to purchase. (This is limited to certain products only and not available for all items.)
All Printers are provided with a 12-month warranty. This warranty is upheld by the manufacturer directly with the customer once the first 30 days has elapsed since the initial purchase was made.
No Warranty/liability exists between Direct I.T. and the client/purchaser to manage data being transferred. Any data will be handled using best practice procedures. All data will be handled with full security and is held under the Data Protection Act.
Please also refer to relevant documentation supplied with each piece of equipment for warranty and contact information for third party vendors.
Further written details on the exact requirements and procedures for warranty are available directly from our Office.